Look: The Ballerina

By | 10:11 PM Leave a Comment

I've always harboured a dream of being a graceful ballerina prancing around a garden like I had no care in the world. Dancing apart, the outfit epitomizes femininity. I've been looking for tulle everywhere but have always ended up settling for lace. Tulle is all set to make a comeback in the international fashion front, so Im hoping we get to see a lot of it in India soon.
While killing an hour in a shady mall in the middle of Ahmedabad on a work trip, I strolled into Shoppers' Stop. Somewhere in a corner I found a raggedy cardboard box with out-of-shape tees, stained shirts and what not. Not expecting to find anything worthy, I gave it an aimless look hoping a cheap cloth for a sewing project. That's when it happened... this beautiful green tulle mini skirt came my way. I grabbed it for dear life, couldn't believe it was Rs 360 ($6) and ran to the cashier. 




Considering my current body shape, tulle isn't extremely flattering especially when my daily aim is to look trimmer. So I cut the flare with a printed blazer. To add some funk, I chose a black top with a peter pan collar that's completely studded. 

Images by Omna Winston

Tulle Skirt // Shoppers' Stop
Black Top // Lifestyle 
Blazer // Vero Moda
Shoes // Gifted


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?