Long way to go

By | 11:49 AM 5 comments
I've finally come to a point in my life where I no longer can hide behind the pretext of 'higher education'. The Big Bad Wolf awaits my arrival. All I can do now is hope the past 22 years of my life have taught me well. 
It's time to open that door. 
It's time to write a new chapter. 
It's my time to make a mark.

I wrote this poem with these thoughts in mind.



A Long way to go

Milestones overwhelm, as I drive by.
Perched in the corner of my mind, they
Talk,Weigh, Judge,Nod...
Relentless their pursuit.

This hybrid zooms, oblivious of patience
In the wilderness, a thought aimlessly wanders,
"If only I had fixed them when I had the time."

Paths twist as the wind sings songs of grandeur,
And those headlight fail me
"I should have fixed them when I had the time."

Brakes don't work & pauses waste time,
A firm grip steers, mine.
This Inebriated momentum loathes caution

Moonlit & narrow, the turns bend again
This elastic, unpredictable tar has no Master
Amidst the resonating call of the next milestone,
A chant creeps,

"Eyes on the road"
"Eyes on the road"
"Eyes on the road"
"Eyes on the road"

5 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. hmmm .. I have to get back to the guise of higher education !!!

    Well said

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one....like it....Reminds me of the good old days when i used to really go on some wild get aways on my bike....thats life indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rose: Thanks :)

    @Reflections of a Wanderer: Hang in there. Your time shall come :)

    @ DJ Rocky: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice...I like.

    Focused...but,you also want to keep your eyes open on your side windows and Rear-view mirror ...for that BIGGER PICTURE !

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?